Rad Reading-March

In the month of March, I read book 5 of the series Heavens Official’s Blessing by Mo Xiang Tong Xiu. In this book ghosts are meeting at Mount Tonglu, A area where ghosts fight each other in a battle royale to try and become the next supreme ghost king, basically someone who’s really strong. Xie Lian and Hua Cheng, the two main characters, along with other heavenly officials, infiltrate Mount Tonglu to try and prevent a new supreme ghost kings creation. Xie Lians heavenly powers are limited near there, but Hua Cheng has survived Mount Tonglu before so they still have kind of an upper hand in the form of knowledge about the area. In this book we also see a certain white clothed ghost from Xie Lians past, although you’ll need to read the previous books for context. I liked this book for multiple reasons. It has a consistent plot line, and the writing is also really good. The book series is a slow burn romance, and the story portrays this really well. My favorite character in this book is probably Lan Chang/Jian Lan (Same person). one of her character traits is brave. The quote that prove this is “Jian Lan violently stomped on Qi Rong a few times. ‘Dog! A dog! You’re the most like a dog!’” For context, Qi Rong isn’t a supreme ghost king, but he’s still pretty strong compared to Lan Chang and she just stomped on him. My favorite quote from the book is “‘What’s a S(censored)ty ‘Almost Supreme’?!’” This is my favorite quote because its Lan Chang saying something that hits Qi Rong right in his ego.